CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 20, 2009

Leuokee

The day I was advised to call,
was the day that I thought I had it all,
You let it ring, I felt as if I was a king.
Answering machine, I chose to hang,
of it I didn't think anything,
three days later,
I discover im not a patient waiter.
I call again, and leave a message,
by then I should have took the presage.
The next day I hear the ring,
I run to the phone careful not to make a scene.
I answer,
I hear your voice,
a sigh of relief comes through my soul.
You tell me of your condition,
of which good health has been stole,
you of a life,
me and this thing have a bout of strife.
I cry,
I weep,
I scream in disbelief,
that this could happen,
to you of all people.
Soon you would be under a steeple,
I make promise,
to come see, for you
I make a very special potpourri.
A month or so goes by,
and I am on my way,
fearing what fate holds in store for my day.
We drive,
we speed,
you are a special kind of breed.
The kind that cares,
the kind that loves,
the kind that hugs,
the undeserving kind.
I wait by your hospital door,
take a deep breath and open the door.
There I see you,
laying in your bed,
and what I see is what I dread.
Your hair is gone,
your skin is pale,
your energy is absent,
and I can't help but wail.
I give myself a talk,
and make amends.
As soon as I do,
you wake,
and we instantly remember become once again friends,
even in your health you always manage to make me smile.
We laugh, we visit, we pray,
it was an overall nice day.
We leave, and promise to visit again,
little do I know that leukemia would be my bane.
Two months later,
I feel strain,
I try to call but voicemail claims the
conversation once again.
The next day,
I go to school,
trying to live the day anew.
I arrive at home,
with my mother bearing news.
She sits me down and says to me
of which what has happened to my dear Cherokee.
I scream, I wail, I weep, I fail,
to do what I should have done,
I could have called more,
I could have visited longer, more.
It is somehow my fault that this
has happened.
And I must let it haunt me,
until the day I die.

2 comments:

ChimeraConception said...

thats so sad :'-(

Fenrir's Wake said...

Dear lord! D:

Has this actually happened to you?!

OMG, Leia, I love this. :( You're so cool! It's so sad! *sniff*